My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Irish Adventures: The Conclusion

The astute observer may have noticed that the account of my Irish vacation trailed off after my stay in Cork.  Eight hours in a hospital, four x-rays, two doctors, and one nurse tends to have that effect on you.  My grandmother was able to finish the vacation without ill effects, although her jaw was broken in two places.  She has surgery soon, so prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Anyway, I felt obliged to finish the account of my vacation.  I can't muster up the detail I had writing in the moment, so enjoy a pictorial tour of my vacation!


The Imperial Hotel in Cork, who helped me call an ambulance, brought my grandma food and ice packs, and generally proved themselves to be amazing people, sent a lovely breakfast up for us the day we left.  It had yogurt (which grandma could eat!  Hurray!), orange juice, croissants, and Irish breakfast tea.



We took the train to Killarney, where we stayed in an exceptionally charming hotel.  It had late Victorian furniture and was absolutely beautiful.  Here's a picture of the drawing room.


The next day, we toured the Ring of Kerry.  It's an exceptionally exquisite patch of countryside.  This is Dingle Bay.


This is my favorite picture I took of the trip.  There are so many bright, brilliant colors in Ireland!


These are the Cliffs of Moher.  I spent most of my time here speechless with anxiety, because people hop over the safety rails to get better photos.


We spent our last day in Ireland at Dromoland Castle.  I got to hunt with falcons.


It made me.  Wildly.  Happy.  Also, my grandmother gave me that sweater in Ireland, fun fact.  It's my new favorite.


I got to hold an owl.  It was possibly the best day of my life.

The next day, we flew home.  I was glad to leave, but I'll be even gladder to go back.

3 comments:

Jemma Tainsh said...

Sounds like you've had an exciting time! I love your photo of Dingle Bay, it's absolutely gorgeous! I've been praying for your Grandma, I hope she enjoyed her time in Ireland to.

Blue said...

It's good to hear from you again.
You had very kind hotel workers. I'm still praying for your grandmother's quick recovery.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, and thanks for putting up those lovely pictures!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a grand time in Ireland, despite your grandmother's injury. I'll be praying that she recovers quickly, and I loved hearing about your trip!