My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Monday, May 23, 2016

Irish Adventures: Day 4

I spent a lot of time today musing on the nature of adventures.  They often seem to me flighty but glamorous beasts, perpetually shying away when you approach them directly but coming up to butt you playfully with their heads when your back is turned.  Frequently they underestimate their strength and send you flying into the gutter.  I call these posts my Irish adventure, but really I would be quite content if we had no adventures at all.

Yesterday was an adventure.

Grandma fell.

She will recover, and we are now tentatively continuing our trip.  Prayers for her would be appreciated.  But I do not have it in me today to write of my adventures.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh dear. I shall certainly be praying for your grandma.

plumpponies said...

You two will have quite the story to tell when people ask you about your trip! I hope you can enjoy the sites and people for the rest of your trip! And, you still have the hunting with falcons! :)

Hannah said...

OH NO!!! I hope she is okay, and that it will not harm the enjoyment and memories of your two's special trip! :( Will be praying...

Jemma Tainsh said...

I hope you have an awesome time and I'll pray for your grandma

Blue said...

I'm sorry to hear that! I'll be praying for your grandmother, and I hope you both will still enjoy the rest of the trip.

-b9 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.