My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Is Coming!

... and I am nowhere near ready for it!

"But Allison," you say, "there are fifteen days until Christmas.  You have plenty of time."

Ha.  Ha ha ha.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

What if I told you there were only five?

My older sister leaves for college in a week.  Her orientation is a few days before Christmas.  So at my house, we're celebrating Christmas on December 15th.

(And then we're going to do it again on the 25th.  My sister doesn't need to know about that.)

*cue mass panic*

And that is why it has been a quiet on the blog.  Because here is my to-do list before the 15th:

1. Finish rewrites for my Five Magic Spindles entry.  In terms of mechanics, this is more technical and complex than anything I have written before, but it's shaping up nicely.  Rain or shine, I'm sending it off to my awesome beta reader on the 15th, after which I'll post a snippet and tell you about it.

2. Write my senior portfolio for the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards.  It's due the 17th.  I haven't written it yet.  Yeah...

3. And I guess my family would like it if I got them Christmas gifts...

Actually, compared to last year, I have oodles and oodles of time.  I finished my last final exam yesterday (it. took. three. hours.) and only have a few assignments before the semester ends.  So expect more blog posts!  Right...

Love,
Allison

3 comments:

Sarah said...

My goodness. And I thought I was running behind. Good luck with all the stuff you need to get done- and try not to go crazy!

Grace M said...

I also need to finish my "Five Magic Spindles" entry, and buy some more gifts. But at least I have a bit more time than you. Except for getting gifts for the kids and teachers at the school I work for. Have until next week for this... But anywho, best of wishes on getting all of your stuff done, Allison! :-D

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Sarah- Thanks, Sarah... Trying. ; D

@Grace- Ooh, I forgot you teach! That sounds so rewarding. : ) Thank you, Grace!