My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Thursday, November 26, 2015

November Nightstand Books and Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello, readers!  I hope you are having a lovely Thanksgiving thus far.  I am celebrating with jogging, Pilates, and yoga: my favorite holiday traditions.

I am pleased to present this month's addition of Nightstand Books, inspired by Jenelle Schmidt and D J Edwardson.

This is possibly the fuzziest picture to ever be posted to this blog.
There are fewer books this time because it's so late in the month.

First is A Great and Terrible Beauty, by Libba Bray.  So far, I've read the prologue and half of the first chapter, so I don't have any strong opinions on it.  But I'll let you know when I do!

Next comes Rise of the Evening Star, by Brandon Mull.  I read the Fablehaven series when I was younger, positively adored it, and then forgot it existed.  So as a present to myself for finishing NaNoWriMo, I bought the series.  And it is.  So good.

Then we have To Say Nothing of the Dog, by Connie Willis.  This is one of my favorite books, and I'm reading it to my mom.

I'm reading Ben Hur, by Lew Wallace, for school.  Again, I've barely made it through the first chapter.  But so far it's great!

And my Bible.  I just finished Tobit today and started Judith, not to mention some rereads of Esther, one of my favorite books in the Bible.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, readers!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I just listened to the Ben Hur audio drama last night . . . one of my favorite audio-stories in the world. *nods* The full version is . . . dry. In places. But still great and very powerful.