My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Friday, November 20, 2015

NaNoWriMo Day 20


I am unabashedly stealing/lovingly borrowing this post idea from Sarah at Dreams and Dragons (love you, Sarah!  Please don't sue me for plagiarism!) because it is past my bed time, I realized I haven't posted in forever, and I have approximately four brain cells currently operational.

Remember how I said I was doing NaNoWriMo?  I was not at all convinced that I would finish.  But right now, three weeks in, I am at a grand total of...

45,209 words!

I know I'm not at the finish line yet.  But if stay on schedule like I have for the past three weeks, I should finish on Monday.  As in, three days.

I should say witty things about the writing process and NaNoWriMo.  But to be honest, I've been writing two thousand words a day for the past twenty days.  I have approximately four brain cells that aren't fried, and for all that I'm ahead on NaNo, I'm woefully behind on rewriting my poor little Five Magic Spindles project.  So I'll conclude by promising you two posts in the near future: one on the aforementioned Five Magic Spindles project, and the other on my woefully neglected November Nightstand Books.

Writers, keep writing!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, as I borrowed the idea from someone else in the first place . . . xD
Congrats on 45K! That's fabulous!

Jenelle Leanne said...

Congrats on 45K! I am in awe of all you NaNo-ers!

So exciting hearing about everyone's Five Magic Spindles stories! I am wishing you all the best!

Jemma Tainsh said...

Congratulations! You're going amazing! I'm currently at 4k and haven't been writing for a week. Not a good thing I'm sure...

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Sarah- You, too! : D

@Jenelle- Haha, thank you! You, too!

@Jemma- Keep at it! That is WAY more than I was writing a year ago.