My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sweater Weather Tag

It's the season of blog tags, and I have one today from Grace at Fictionally!

Favorite Candle Scent?

Bath and Body Works has a candle called Eucalyptus Mint.  It smells heavenly and can clear your sinuses from across the room.  I also adore their Heirloom Pear scent.

Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?

Tea all the way!  This season I'm drinking Tevana's Samurai Chai Mate.  It's spicy in the traditional sense of the word (not spicy-hot, that is), and it tastes like fall.  I love it.

What's your best fall memory?

Every fall, my family visits.  They're a hoot!  They single-handedly finance the Trader Joe's wine and cheese departments for the weekend.  Each year we have a Halloween costume theme.  We've been nuns, superheroes, and doctors.  Two years ago we were cat burgers.  (It started as cat burglars but changed due to an unfortunate e-mail typo....)  Last year we were vikings, and this year we're opera characters.

Best fragrance for fall?

The scent of chili always brings me back to fall.  That's my favorite fall scent-- unless you mean fragrance like perfume?  I like chili, but I don't want to smell like it.

Favorite Thanksgiving food?

Hands down, my mom's green bean casserole.  It has French onions and cream sauce, and it's soooo good!

Most worn sweater?

My great aunt knit me a fluffy, white sweater.  It's soft and cozy, and it reminds me of her.

Football games or jumping in leaf piles?

I don't understand football.  At all.  Why are they running in different directions?  Who am I rooting for?  It's a mystery.  I like the concept of leaf piles but not the execution (raking = work).  I'll propose a third option: the baseball World Series is in the fall!  GO CARDS!!

Skinny jeans or leggings?

I wear both.  I like skinny jeans for their style and practicality, but leggings are much comfier.  It really depends on the length of the shirt I'm wearing.

Combat boots or Uggs?

Neither.  I have an awesome ankle-length pair of boots that I wear on all my adventures.

Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?

I'm ashamed to say this.

I... I haven't tried pumpkin spice.

I know!  I'm sorry!  But I'm not crazy about pumpkin flavors in general, so I haven't been leaping to order it.

Favorite fall movie?

Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas.  It's odd and quite scary, but the music is wonderful.

What do you want to be for Halloween?

Like I said, we're all dressing up as opera characters this year.  I haven't picked one yet, although my grandmother will be Pagliacci.  I could be Olympia:

She always scared me a little.
I could be Lucia Di Lammermoor:

They'd probably think I was a ghost.
I could be Sieglinde:

I think this is Sieglinde?
This makes me realize I've never done an opera post...

Hats or scarves?

Well... usually neither.  I don't get cold very easily, and I have a large head and lots of hair, so hats don't fit.

What's your #1 favorite thing about fall?

The holidays.  I love Halloween and Thanksgiving, and after that, Christmas and New Years are right around the corner!  It's also the first half of the school year, so I feel more energized and enthusiastic.

I tag Ghosty @ Anything, Everything; Candice @ O Ye Scribes; Clara @ To Find a Castle; Sarah @ Dreams and Dragons; Emma @ Peppermint and Prose; and Jemma @ Sherwood Storyteller.  (I know it isn't fall for you, Jemma, but you're still invited!)

4 comments:

Candice Williams said...

This was a fun to read! I can't wait to do this, thanks for tagging me, Allison!

I haven't tried a pumpkin spice latte either! But I love a good homemade pumpkin cookie. I totally agree with you about football, it's something I've never been very interested in. But leaf piles? So much fun.

Sarah said...

Loved your answers!
Also . . . cat burgers? How did that work, exactly?
Thanks for tagging me!

Jemma Tainsh said...

I echo Sarah, Cat Burgers sounds rather amusing, how did you do it?

Great answers, I always enjoy reading what you have too say :)

Thank you for tagging me! :D :D

ghost ryter said...

You're not missing much having never tried pumpkin spice. In my opinion, it tastes the way craft stores smell in the fall. *gags*

Going as opera characters sounds like a lot of fun! I really enjoyed reading your answers! Thank you so much for tagging me!