My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Monday, September 21, 2015

Happy Birthday, Art of Storytelling!

*blows noisemaker*

Happy birthday, little blog!  It has been exactly one year since the first post.  Between then and now, I've learned so much about writing, and also a little about blog design, which is why the Art of Storytelling has a brand new look!  Shout-out to Hannah Williams for artistically critiquing the header.  It looks much better after her advice.

For those of you who are from the year 2035, when I'm a famous author, and are stalking my childhood blog, don't fear.  It always bothers me when a blogger announces that they've changed their look, but you can't remember what their old look was.  Here, for reference, is an old picture:


I think it looks much better now.

My first year of blogging has been made wonderful by so many different people.  I would like to thank Hannah Williams, Ghost Ryter, and Clara Diane Thompson for helping out so much.  And I would like to thank all of you, dear readers!  You are what make writing worthwhile.

And on that topic...

The 2015 Blogger Awards are just around the corner!  I hope to expand the event this year, so we're looking for more judges.  If anyone with a functional blog who can commit to the series wants to participate, please e-mail me at aruvidich@gmail.com.

I think I'll eat cake now to celebrate.

12 comments:

Savannah P. said...

Ooo, love your new blog look! The header is gorgeous! ~Savannah P.

ghost ryter said...

Happy Blogoversary! *throws confetti* The new design and header are lovely! Sadly, I don't think I'll have the time to be part of the Blogger Awards this year. Between finishing high-school, college applications, and scholarships, my schedule is pretty overwhelming.

Sarah said...

I actually hadn't noticed your new look- when did you change it? Just recently, I hope, or else I'm the most unobservvant person on the face of the planet- but I do like it very much! It's very calm-looking, if you get what I mean.

I kind of want to participate in the Blogger Awards this year, but on the other hand, I'm not sure how much time I have? We'll see.

Katie Grace said...

Ahhh, congratulations! I just had my first blogoversary a few years ago and it's such a satisfying feeling. You're so dedicated and awesome! :D

Katie Grace | A Writer's Faith

Candice Williams said...

Congratulations on your first year of blogging!! I always enjoy reading your blog, and I'm looking forward to another year awesome posts!

And the new design and header look lovely! :)

Grace M said...

Yay Allison! Congrats on 1 year- it's an awesome accomplishment! :-D *throws confetti and sparkles*

Emma Clifton said...

Happy birthday to your lovely blog! :) I've really enjoyed reading your blog and i can't wait to read more!

Psalms w guitar said...

You have very thoughtful and inspiring posts. Good idea to celebrate! Cheers!

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Savannah- Thank you! It happened for the grace of God. I am not artistically gifted.

@Ghosty- I feel your pain! Why is the Common App so hard??

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Sarah- Haha, it's very recent. I know the feeling, though. "Does this look familiar? I don't think this looks familiar..."

@Katie Grace- Thank you so much! *blushes*

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Candice- Aww, thanks so much, girl! : D

@Grace- Thank you!!

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Emma- Thank you!

@Psalms w guitar- Thank you!!