My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Fall Fun!

The thermometer hit 50 degrees last night.

I am a happy camper.  Fall is easily my favorite season, for the following reasons:

1. It's cool outside.  So much cooler than summer.  Crisp in the shade, warm in the sun.  What more can I ask?

1a. It's cool outside.

1b. It's cool outside.

1c. Can you tell that I love it being cool outside?

2. Fall has, quite frankly, the best holidays (except for Easter): Halloween and Thanksgiving.  For these holidays, my crazy relatives come visit, and we have a wonderful time.

And finally, 3: Fall is a time for new starts, and I've decided to try something new.  For November 2015, I'm doing Nanowrimo.  I'm participating under the name ARuvidich; please add me as your NaNo buddy!

I've chosen to write an idea that's been floating in my mind for a while now.  At least, I thought it was only a while; when I checked my notebook, it's been two years since I first conceived the idea.  It's time this got written.  So far it has the working title The Winter Court.  It's your average tale about the farmer who realizes he's a prince, and his uncle has stolen the throne.  But in the middle of a terrible war, is it morally acceptable to steal the throne back?  Although I've had the idea forever, it took a lot of its shape and themes from my philosophy class this summer.  I'm ready to write.

There was going to be more to this post, but it'll have to wait, because it's late, I'm tired, and I get to read out loud to my mom for a while before bed.  I'll conclude by saying that something special is happening in five days!  I won't say too much... but there's excitement ahead!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Fall also has Christmas prep. Don't forget that. And NaNoWriMo is practically a crazy, month-long holiday in itself, at least if you're a writer. Well, if you're me, anyway . . .

Also, ironically, it's been in the 90s the past few days. What the pumpernickel. I'm in NY; it's supposed to get cooler sooner here than it did in VA. But as it generally feels more like 80s and I got to sit outside and read or write on the deck the last few afternoons, I'm not complaining . . .

That's awesome that you're doing NaNoWriMo! I haven't yet figured out what I'm doing . . . it'll be something, though, as I want to make sure I get it in this year. I don't know if I'll be able to do it next year, after all.

Jemma Tainsh said...

Autumn is my favourite season too, especially because it has my birthday :D.

Over here it's spring and I'm getting ready to bake in the high thirties (about 700 farenhieght) :(.

I would love to be your NaNoWriMo buddy! My username is JemmaFrog.

Jemma Tainsh said...

Sorry, definetly not 700 farenhieght, more like 100.

Candice Williams said...

I love fall as well! It's a lovely time of year, and I agree that it's a good time for new beginnings. Your new novel sounds super interesting, by the way! :)

ghost ryter said...

Fall is the best season, isn't it? Unfortunately, we're not going to have proper fall weather where I live for sometime, I think. *looks sadly at thermometer*

"The Winter Court" sounds intriguing! Best of luck with NaNoWriMo! :D

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Sarah- I'm sooo excited! Kind of terrified. I hadn't realized this, but it's been three years since I've written a novel. I've been practicing so much on novellas... Better weather will come!!

@Jemma- This made me laugh! I do the same thing converting to Celsius.

@Candice- Why, thank you! : )

@Ghosty- It is sooo the best season. I'm sorry about the weather!! We're finally getting cooler weather here. It makes me so happy.