My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Friday, July 17, 2015

A Tag of Randomicity

Hello, dear readers!  Grace from Fictionally tagged me in a Tag of Randomicity, which I choose to accept!



The rules for the tag are:
~ Paste the button onto your blog post.

~ Leave a new list of questions (or just pass on the question list you answered) and tag a few people of your random choice (and say why you tagged them, if you have time!) (Be original and nonsensical in your question-creativity – make the blogging world a cheerful place.  And be disastrously random.)

~Answer the questions of the person who tagged you – make it all super random and interesting.

And here are Grace's delightfully random questions:

1. It's party time, and you can invite all but one of your favorite book or t.v. characters to the party. Who is left out?

Oh, that is cruel!  Well, first let's see who is there...  Eugenides, courtesy of Megan Whalen Turner, would be there, and he would probably be either the image of courtesy or overturning the punch bowl.  Briony, written by Franny Billingsley, would be giving him an utterly polite, utterly condescending look as he mops up the punch.  Lord Peter Wimsey, by Dorothy L. Sayers, would say something like, "What ho, old chap!  That's some rummy punch you've spilled on that waistcoat!  It's blotted out the murderer's fingerprints!"  Then Kaladin and Shallan (from Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive) would hunt down the murderer, culminating in the discovery that Locke Lamora, written by Scott Lynch, had murdered a rival and hidden him in my coatroom.

On second thought, perhaps I won't invite Locke Lamora.  His antics are hysterical on paper, but he would probably be a decidedly uncomfortable character to meet in person.

2. What would you name a unicorn if you got one for a pet?


May I just say that I don't appreciate the 'if' in this question?  When I get a unicorn, I will name her Pooky, after Garfield's Teddy Bear.

3. What's your favorite color to wear?


Um, I like to wear a wide variety of colors--

My friends and family: "She wears blue!  All the time!"

4. The title of the last book you read?


A Hat Full of Sky, by Terry Pratchett.  It was an exquisitely enjoyable reread, and I constantly marvel at his craftsmanship, particularly in his children's books.

5. What was a favorite television show when you were a child?


Um.  This is embarrassing.

My friends and family: It was SpongeBob Squarepants!

6. If you could dye your hair any color, would you, and what would it be?


I am secretly a redhead trapped in a brunette body.  So I would dye my hair red.  Not fire hydrant red-- a tasteful, muted, autumnal auburn.

7. In the spirit of summer, what is one place you'd like to go on vacation to?


I would dearly like to visit Ireland because it has the perfect weather (rain) and the perfect architecture (castles and cottages).

8. Have you tried any foreign foods that are not the cultural norm where you live? If  not, are you willing?


Half of my family is Serbian, which is where my freaky last name comes from.  Because of this, every time we visit my grandmother, she makes us sarma.  It's cabbage leaves rolled around a mixture of ground beef and rice, and it-- is-- exquisite.  I'm always game for trying new foods, as long as they aren't spicy (like, at all) or actively moving.

9. Dance time! What song is most likely to get you moving when you hear it?


This one.  It's an excerpt from the hilariously funny ballet Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  I would dance the role of the Red Queen, of course.  It's a parody of another famous pas de deux in The Sleeping Beauty, which I would also love to dance if I could balance that well.

10. If you could watch any movie today, what would it be?


Today?  As in right now?  Well, I bought the DVD of Lerner and Loewe's Camelot, which I expect will be breathtakingly beautiful and hysterically funny.  It's three hours long, though, so I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.  Actually, now that I'm writing about it, I really want to watch it...


And now I introduce my random questions:

1. How did you (the tagged) meet me (the tagger)?

2. What do you consider your quirkiest trait?

3. If you could host a party with all of your favorite characters, who would you invite and what antics would transpire?  (Yes, I borrowed this from Grace.)

4. What was your most epic moment?  Feel free to exaggerate-- I mean, elaborate.

5. Where is your family from?

6. What will you title the movie version of your biography, and who will play you in it?

7. If a cloaked stranger with poorly cut hair invited you to help return the One Ring to Mordor, how soon could you be ready, and what would you bring?

8. Which two characters would you happily play matchmaker for?  (Note: they can't be from the same book.)

9. If you could brag that you had read any book without actually having to read it, which book would you choose?

10. And finally, what was your favorite blog post you ever wrote?

I tag Hannah from the Writer's Window, Ghosty from Anything, Everything, Candice from O Ye Scribes, Jemma from the Sherwood Storyteller, and Sarah from Dreams and Dragons.  Go crazy, ladies!



5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay, another tag! I shall have to get busy on these; I've been given quite a lot! (Which is a good thing, a very good thing, except that I always have trouble deciding who to tag.)
I loved your answers- particularly the first one, though I don't know the character you're leaving out.

ghost ryter said...

So fun! Haha, I love your answers. Especially that first one...Best. Party. Ever. XD Also, Serma sounds delicious! I'm going to have to find a recipe for that!

Jemma Tainsh said...

Great answers! The party one made me laugh.
Thanks for tagging me! I'm going to have a busy week!

Candice Williams said...

This was a fun post! Thanks for tagging me! :)

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Everyone- I can't wait to see your answers! And yes, Sarah, I totally know that struggle. I don't want to leave anyone out!