My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer Updates!


Hello, dear readers!

As I’ve mentioned several (dozen) times, I’ll be spending my summer at North Carolina’s Governor’s School. 

For those of you who don’t know, it’s a summer boarding school.  While there, I’ll study choral music (my principal area), as well as other subjects like philosophy, ethics, and psychology.  After a long and arduous application process (including but not limited to two essays, one audition, and an avalanche of paperwork), I am unbearably excited to attend. 

But it also means a potential six weeks of blogging silence. 

Have no fears, readers!  I will not abandon you! 

But that means, of course, that I have to write six weeks’ worth of blog posts in one week.  I hope to auto-schedule at least one per week, and though I think I have enough material for that, I want to ask you, readers, what you would like to see over the summer.  Would you like me to post more original writing?  Quirky blog challenges?  Scholarly discussions of storytelling?  Do tell!
 

6 comments:

Jemma Tainsh said...

All of those blogging ideas would be great. I hope you have fun at the Governor's School!

Allison Ruvidich said...

Thank you, Jemma! : )

Sarah said...

I like original writing and blog challenges best, I think, but all those ideas sound great. :D Have a great time at the Governor's School!

Jemma Tainsh said...

Will you still be able to comment?

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Sarah- Thanks!

@Jemma- Yes, but probably not as much as I usually do. Have no fear! I won't leave you hanging! : )

Jemma Tainsh said...

Ok :)