My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Monday, May 18, 2015

Cover Reveal: A Wish Made of Glass, by Ashlee Willis

Hello, dear readers!  I am oh, so terribly pleased to share this new cover with you!  It's for Ashlee Willis's newest novella, A Wish Made of Glass.

Isn't it lovely?

Deep in a forest glade, the fey folk dance with Isidore, a young human child. Their kinship is the very fabric of her childhood. When her mother dies and her world darkens with sorrow, Isidore finds her belief in the fey folk wavering.

The love of her new step-sister, Blessing, proves an unexpected gift in her time of need. Yet even as their friendship blooms, Isidore begins to see that Blessing is everything she herself has always wanted to be, but is not. Jealousy grips Isidore as she watches this beautiful new sister steal away all she holds dear.

Driven to desperation, Isidore turns to the fey folk once more. She has only one wish to claim from them, one chance to make things right. But she must tread carefully. For wishes, like hearts, are easily broken. And obtaining the one thing she desires could mean destroying the one thing she truly needs.

Ashlee Willis is the author of fantasy for young adults.  She lives in the heart of Missouri with her husband and young son.  While most of her days are balanced between writing, reading, and being a stay-at-home mom, she also finds time to enjoy forest rambles, photography, and playing the piano.

Follow her on Goodreads, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, Pinterest, and on her blog.

I was fortunate enough to serve as a beta reader for this novella, and although I can't review it officially yet, I can say this: A Wish Made of Glass is exquisite, haunting, and perfectly fairytale-ish.  I, for one, am excited to reread this wonderful novella!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks exciting! Is it a kindle book to?
Jemma

Allison Ruvidich said...

I'm not toootally sure how this book is being published yet. I'm reasonably confident that it will be on Kindle, but don't quote me on that. ; )

Anonymous said...

Ok, thank you!
Jemma

Ashlee Willis said...

Jemma, yes, it will be released on Amazon for both Kindle and in paperback :) Thanks so much for stopping by!! And Allison, can't thank you enough for your help with my reveal!!

Jemma Tainsh said...

That's cool!
Jemma