My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Character Spotlight: Jaye L Knight

Hello, friends, Romans, and readers (but mainly Romans)!  Today I am proud to present to you the authoress, Jaye L Knight, who recently published her latest novel, The King's Scrolls!

I love the colors.  So warm!
 
 

Following the harrowing events that brought them to Landale Forest, Jace and Kyrin have settled comfortably into their new lives and the mission of protecting those under the emperor’s persecution. The fast approach of winter brings with it the anticipation of a quiet few months ahead. That is until the arrival of four mysterious, dragon-riding cretes who seek aid in a mission of great importance—not only to their own people, but to all followers of Elôm.
 

 Hidden in the vast mining valley north of Valcré, a faithful crete has spent years sharing his knowledge with the destitute miners and their families and is known to possess what may be Arcacia’s last surviving copies of the King’s Scrolls—the Word of Elôm. Joining the cretes, those in Landale must find the crete teacher and bring him to safety, but it is a race against time. Should Daican’s men find him first, execution and the destruction of the Scrolls is certain.
 

When disaster strikes, all seems lost. Could Elôm have a plan even in the enemy’s triumph?
 
Available on Amazon!

Haven’t begun the adventure into Ilyon? From February 17th - 23rd, get Resistance , the award-winning first book of Ilyon Chronicles for your Kindle on sale for only 99 cents! Check it out on Amazon!

 
And now on to the author!
 
 
 Jaye L. Knight is a homeschool graduated indie author with a passion for writing Christian fantasy and clean new adult fiction. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She has been penning stories since the age of eight and resides in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
 
 You can connect with Jaye on her website, blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Etsy.
 
Share in the excitement of the release and enter to win a themed Epic Winter giveaway! Prize pack includes an autographed copy of The King’s Scrolls, a CD by Future World Music (some of Jaye’s favorite writing music), a dragon bookmark, a stone hawk pendant (much like the ones mentioned in the book), and a few packages of Twining’s Winter Spice tea to sip while you read! (Giveaway is open to US residents only. Cannot be shipped internationally.)
 
I have the pleasure of introducing you to one of her (new!) characters... Aaron!
 

Appearance: Short brown hair, midnight blue eyes, strong and athletic, 5’8” tall.
 
Age: 32
 
Race: Half human/half crete
 
History: Aaron is the son of a crete miner and human woman and is Timothy’s older brother. Since his late teens, Aaron has worked in the mines of the Graylin Valley. It’s exhausting labor, but he does it willingly to help take care of his brother and keep him from needing to become a miner himself. Being twelve years older than Timothy, Aaron takes his responsibility to look out for and protect his brother very seriously.
 
 Author Notes: Aaron very nearly didn’t make it into Ilyon Chronicles. He was a character who floated around in my mind since shortly after Timothy came to be, but I wasn’t sure he was absolutely necessary to the story. That has been one thing I’ve tried hard to do with Ilyon Chronicles—not include any characters who aren’t necessary to furthering the story. Here are my notes from August 12, 2012 that show my struggle.
 
 I’m having trouble making up my mind. I have an idea for a character I think would be really cool, but is he necessary? I can’t put a character in just because I like him. He must have a purpose. The idea I’ve been thinking of is giving Timothy an older brother. I really like some of my ideas, but is it necessary? Also, would Timothy be better on his own? Ugh, I just really like what I imagine for his brother, but I just can’t make up my mind. The problem is, I’ll have to decide soon. Well, one way or another, I think I’ll call him Aaron. It suits him.
 
 So how did I make up my mind? I went to see The Bourne Legacy with my mom and brother, which happened to have just come out in theaters. You see, it was the previews for that movie that inspired Aaron in the first place. Right from the beginning, I pictured him as Jeremy Renner. And yes, The Bourne Legacy is also where the name Aaron came from. Seeing him in that movie fueled my ideas for my own Aaron and really brought the character to life in my mind. I knew I had to include him in the story. I wasn’t quite sure yet what his purpose would be, but he actually turned out to be a pivotal piece of how things came together. I’m not sure how it would have worked without him. It’s one of those moments I know God was quietly guiding me and the story.
 
Once I started writing Aaron, I quickly realized how much I adored his character. I love the fight in him and his sarcasm and stubbornness. He’s a very tough character—he has to be with the way life is for him and his family. And I just love how he cares for Timothy. Sibling relationships are one of my favorite things to write about, and Aaron and Timothy are especially fun.
 

How fun is that?  I hope you love reading Ms. Knight's new novel, readers.  And I hope you check out the rest of the blog tour!
 
 
Tuesday, February 17
 
·         Tour Introduction at Jaye L. Knight
·         Author Interview at Crafty Booksheeps
·         Review at Musings of a Middle Age Author
·         Author Interview at Seasons of Humility
·         Author Interview and Book Spotlight at A Brighter Destiny
·         Review and Author Interview at A Writer’s Heart
 
 Wednesday, February 18
·         Review at To Be A Person
·         Author Interview at Leah’s Bookshelf
·         Review at The Destiny of One
·         Author Interview and Book Spotlight at Reflection
·         Author Interview and Character Spotlight (Liam) at Thilly Little Nothings
·         Author Interview at Dreams and Dragons
·         Book Spotlight at One Servant's Heart
·         Book Spotlight at Venturing to Other Worlds
 
Thursday, February 19
 
·         Q&A Session at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes
·         Review and Author Interview at Crumpets 'n' Cream
·         Character Interview (Marcus) at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
·         Review and Author Interview at Spreading the Word
·         Character Spotlight (Marcus) at Reflection
·         Author Interview at Rivershore Books
·         Review and Author Interview at Red Lettering
·         Review at Written Rest
 
Friday, February 20
 
·         Q&A Session at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes
·         Review at Melody Jackson, Author
·         Review at Anything, Everything
·         Author Interview at Guns and Roses
·         Character Interview (Talas) at The Writer’s Window
·         Review at O. Scarlett! Reviews
·         Review and Author Interview at Zerina Blossom
·         Review at Leah’s Bookshelf
 
Saturday, February 21
 
·         Q&A Session at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes
·         Review at The American Anglophile
·         Review and Book Spotlight at Vic's Media Room
·         Author Interview at Butterflies of the Imagination
·         Review and Author Interview at Tialla’s Tellings
·         Review and Character Interview (Liam) at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
·         Character Spotlight and Character Interview (Timothy) at Written Rest
 
Sunday, February 22
 
·         Review and Author Interview at Claire M. Banschbach- Thoughts and Rants
·         Character Spotlight (Aaron) at The Art of Storytelling
·         Book and Character Spotlight (General Veshiron) at Tell Tale Book Reviews
·         Review at Reality Calling
·         Character Spotlight (Leetra) at Zerina Blossom
 
Monday, February 23
 
·         Q&A Session at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes
·         Character Interview (Captain Darq) at Knitted By God's Plan
·         Review at Backing Books
·         Realm Explorers post at Letters from Annie Douglass Lima
·         Character Interview (Aaron) at However Improbable
·         Character Spotlight (Daniel) at Finding the True Fairy Tale
·         Author Interview at Pencils Can Change the World
 
Tuesday, February 24
 
·         Q&A Session at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes
·         Review at Shire Reviews
·         Review and Author Interview at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings
·         Review and Author Interview at The Pen of a Ready Writer
·         Character Interview (Leetra) at A Writer’s Faith
 
Wednesday, February 25
 
·         Tour Conclusion at Jaye L. Knight

 

5 comments:

Faith Blum said...

*gasps* No way! Aaron almost didn't come to be? That would have been awful! I'm glad you decided to add him.

Laura Pol said...

Wow that is so awesome! I can't wait to read more of Aaron's story! Just waiting for my books to arrive! :D

Sarah said...

Aaron sounds like a cool character! I look forward to getting to meet him in TKS!

Jaye L. Knight said...

@Allison - Thank you so much for spotlighting Aaron and for being part of the tour!!

@Faith - I know! I love it when characters I are insistent on being a part of the story. They usually end up have excellent storylines. :)

@Laura and Sarah - Hope you both enjoy it!

Allison Ruvidich said...

Thanks for dropping by, Jaye! : ) Congratulations!