My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Nominations are closed for the 2014 Blogger Awards

Widgets designed by Hannah Williams
Haven't these weeks flown by?  I am so pleased with the number of nominations you sent in.  We received over a hundred!  Now we're going to retire to our cozy libraries and discuss the nominations.  We'll be back on November 15 to let you know what we decide, and then it's on to the awards in December!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your quotes bar at the top of your blog, their some pretty good quotes to! The Douglas Adams one is very funny, was it A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?
Jemma

Allison Ruvidich said...

Thanks! It's my favorite part of the layout. : ) That quote IS from A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which was very funny but which I also wasn't overly fond of, if that makes sense.

Anonymous said...

Yes it does make sense. Have you read the second book from Douglas Adams?
Jemma

Allison Ruvidich said...

I did! I liked it a little bit better than the first... I'm toying with reading the third, but I know Douglas passed away before finishing the series, and I want to have some sense of closure.

Anonymous said...

Ok, thanks telling me
Jemma

Allison Ruvidich said...

You're welcome!