My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Welcome to the 2014 Blogger Awards!

Greetings, dear readers!  Do you recall the secret project I referenced in my deadlines post?  Well... it's here!  Although it isn't even Halloween yet, I hope you're anticipating the Christmas season.  It's distant yet, but there's plenty to celebrate in the meantime!  So without further ado, I am pleased to announce the first annual Blogger Awards.
 
Isn't it beautiful?

The Blogger Awards is a series of awards designed to celebrate the gifted authors of 2014.  They are hosted by four bloggers: Hannah Williams, Clara Diana Thompson, Ghost Wryter, and myself.  We'll be awarding seven categories:

Best Book Design, hosted by Ghost Wryter on Thursday, December 18

Best Cover, hosted by Hannah Williams on Friday, December 19

Best Title, hosted by Clara Diane Thompson on Saturday, December 20

Best Heroine, hosted by myself on Sunday, December 21

Best Hero, hosted by Hannah Williams on Monday, December 22

Best Author, hosted by Ghost Wryter on Tuesday, December 23

Best Book, hosted by myself on Wednesday, December 24

The Blogger Award
See how they lead up to Christmas?  I can't tell you how excited I am for this, readers!  And now it's your turn to help out.  We have hosts, we have categories, we have awesome widgets designed by the incomparable Hannah Williams-- but we don't have nominations!
 
That's where we're relying on you, dear readers.  Comment on this page and tell me your favorite heroine and book of 2014, then take a tour of the other blogs, commenting with what 2014 favorites you'd like to see honored in their categories!  Nominations are open until November 1.
 
Share the widget with a link back to this page!  With your help, readers, we'll make this the best Blogger Awards ever.

37 comments:

Katie Grace said...

Favorite Book: Resistance by Jaye L. Knight. Hands down. (I'm kinda obsessed so I'll try to limit my nominations for that author. :P)

As for my favorite heroine... I don't think I could choose one, honestly. I'll let others nominate for me. xP

Allison Ruvidich said...

Thanks for the nomination! I look forward to reading it. ; )

Hannah said...

Okay.

Favorite Heroine: Sairu from Golden Daughter by Anne Elisabeth Stengl.

And uh, this is original for favorite book, but....Golden Daughter by Anne Elisabeth Stengl.

What can I say? ;)

Allison Ruvidich said...

Hmm, I'm sensing a trend here, Hannah. : D Your nominations have been noted!

ghost ryter said...

For Best I nominate Heroine Sairu from Golden Daughter.

And Best Book...eek,that's tough! Golden Daughter. (What? Biased? I never!)

Hannah said...

Hopefully, OTHER people will get on here, so there isn't a monopoly of these awards. ;)

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clara Darling said...

Best Heroine: Posy, from THE WORD CHANGERS

Best Book: ANON, SIR, ANON, by Rachel Heffington

Allison Ruvidich said...

Ooh, I've been dying to read those! Thanks, Clara!

Anna said...

Since this is only for 2014 books, I have a very easy job picking. I've been able to get my hands on a grand total of TWO books released this year. :/ So, here we go!

Best Heroine: Rebecca from THE UNEXPECTED BRIDE by Lena Goldfinch

Best Book: SHADOW HAND by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Suzannah said...

I was staggered to find that I am the first person to make these nominations, but then I recalled that the book doesn't release TILL MONDAY WHEEE.

Best Heroine: Margaret Coventry from PLENILUNE by Jennifer Freitag.

Best Book: PLENILUNE. Oh my word. PLENILUNE.

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Suzannahh and Anna--great ideas! : D

Hannah said...

Another high favorite of 2014 that I would nominate for Best Book: The Warden and the Wolf King. (But don't you dare read it without the other three first!)

Allison Ruvidich said...

I hear and obey!

Rachel Heffington said...

Best Heroine: Margaret Coventry from Plenilune
Best Book: Plenilune by Jennifer Freitag.
(I don't say this SOLELY because I have read few books written this year.) And thanks a mil, Clara, for the nomination. :3

Allison Ruvidich said...

Your nomination has been noted! : )

Emma Clifton said...

Best heroine: Cress, from Cress by Marissa Meyer.

Allison Ruvidich said...

Good one, Emma!

Alea Harper said...

Best Book: Resistance by Jaye L. Knight
(By the way this is the best book EVER)
Best Heroine: Kyrin Altair from Resistance

Allison Ruvidich said...

Thanks, Alea! I'm really looking forward to reading that one. : )

Anonymous said...

I Nominate Resistance by Jaye L. Knight for best book. It's totally incredible.

And for Best Heroine I nominate Lauren Bannister from The Seventh Door by Bryan Davis, and Lady Firebird from Firebird by Kathy Tyers (Does a republished book still count?)

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Anonymous- Your nominations have been noted! I would say that no, republished books won't be considered for the awards. I've heard a lot about Firebird, though, and I'm dying to read it. : )

Anonymous said...

Too Bad. In that Case I'd like to nominate Gabi Betarrini from Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren instead.

Allison Ruvidich said...

@Anonymous- Sounds great!

Tammy Hall said...

I would like to nominate Madison from Entertaining Angels as a heroine. Best book Entertaining Angels by Emerald Barnes. Best Author Emerald Barnes.

Sylvia Stein said...

I would like to nominate Emerald Barnes Entertaining Angels for Best book and also Best Heroine Madison from Entertaining Angels.

The Book Stalker said...

Best Author - Tara C. Allred
Best Book - Entertaining Angels by Emerald Barnes
Best Heroine - Rebecca in Unauthored Letters
Best Cover - Witch Song by Amber Argyle
Best Title - Hotwire by Cindy Hogan

Allison Ruvidich said...

Thanks for the nominations! Keep them coming!

Linda Romer said...

I would like to nominate Emarald Barnes Entertaining Angels for best book.

Best Heroine Madison from Entertaining Angels.

Anonymous said...

Best Book - Entertaining Angels by Emerald Barnes
Best Title - Hotwire by Cindy Hogan
Best Author - Tara C. Allred

Allison Ruvidich said...

Thanks for the nominations! I haven't heard of these before... How exciting!

Katelyn Sabelko said...

Favorite book of 2014: Plenilune by Jennifer Freitag
Favorite Heroine: Margaret Coventry from Plenilune by Jennifer Freitag

Allison Ruvidich said...

Your nomination has been noted! Thanks!

Becky said...

Best Heroine:

Sairu from Golden Daughter by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

Colette from Until That Distant Day by Jill Stengl

Becky said...

Best Book:

Golden Daughter by Anne Elisabeth Stengl

The Warden and the Wolf King by Andrew Peterson

Until That Distant Day by Jill Stengl

Allison Ruvidich said...

Noted! Thanks, Becky!

Dark Angel said...

I nominate Emerald Barnes for Entertaining Angels