My Goodreads Quotes

Allison’s quotes


"Don't you think it's rather nice to think that we're in a book that God's writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right--in the way that's best for us."
Do you really believe that, Mother?" Peter asked quietly.
Yes," she said, "I do believe it--almost always--except when I'm so sad that I can't believe anything. But even when I don't believe it, I know it's true--and I try to believe it."— E. Nesbit

Saturday, October 4, 2014

And the winner is...

A drumroll, if you please.

JENNETTE M!!!

(I realize I just won a giveaway from her blog.  I promise this is chance and not payback.)

Congratulations, Mrs. Mbewe!  E-mail me at aruvidich@gmail.com to claim your prize of any book on the list, which, to recap, includes:

- The Crow, by Alison Croggon
- any book from The Queen's Thief series, by Megan Whalen Turner
- any book from the Harry Potter series, by J. K. Rowling
- Seraphina, by Rachel Hartman
- Fire and Hemlock, by Diana Wynne Jones
- any book from the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
- Lirael, by Garth Nix
- any book from the Tales of Goldstone Wood series, by Anne Elisabeth Stengl
- any book from the Chronicles of Prydain, by Lloyd Alexander
- Chime, by Franny Billingsley

Once again, thank you all for commenting!  I expect I'll be posting again in a few days... this time on the meaning of hair color in fantasy!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats, Mrs. Mbewe!

BTW, Allison, I just read Seraphina today. You were right; it's amazing! I wasn't quite sure about it at first- it didn't seem quite how I expected- but once I got more into it, wow!

Allison Ruvidich said...

Hahahaha! YAAAAAAY!!!! Isn't it beautiful?? That ending??? !!!! The sequel is coming out next March. *so scared*

Sarah said...

@Allison: It is and I KNOW. And HUZZAH! I've been wondering all day if there'll be a sequel. :D

Allison Ruvidich said...

It totally could be a stand-alone book, though, couldn't it? I mean, I'm terribly glad there's a sequel, because I think there's more to be told, but Seraphina comes to an emotionally satisfying conclusion.

Jennette Mbewe said...

OH, awesome! Thanks! I'm just now seeing this. :-D

Can't wait to read Seraphina either!

Allison Ruvidich said...

I hope you love it!!